Silicone molds have been recently introduced into bakeware. Many chefs are using them for baking. They are non-toxic, eco-friendly, FDA-approved, and food grade. They come in various shapes and sizes. They are versatile and can be used for many purposes besides baking like storing food and making ice cubes and desserts. Kids love eating small pieces of food of interesting shapes.
What silicone molds are made up of
Silicone molds are made up of silicone rubber. A mineral that is obtained by melting rocks. They can withstand a very high or low degree of temperatures up to -60 to 400 degrees centigrade. They are safe to use in baking but melt if placed directly on the fire.
Tips for using silicone molds
- Smaller size molds are better. Cakes baked in bigger molds tend to crake.
- Always buy good quality 100 % silicone. Some cheaper quality manufacturers use fillers that are harmful. To check the quality stretch it or pinch if the color remains the same then the quality is good. Poor quality leaves white marks on pinching.
- Check the suggested temperature on the product.
- Don’t use sharp knives to clean them. Sock them in warm water and wash with regular dishwashing liquids.
- They are non-stick, so there is no need to grease them before baking usually.
- Use a metal tray or cookie sheet below to avoid spills while placing it in the oven.
- Many recipes are found on the internet. Find a good one and be creative.
These molds available at Amazon are all made of high-quality silicone material, reusable, non-stick, and easy to clean. These can withstand temperatures from -60 degrees to 240 degrees Celsius and can be used in refrigerators, microwaves, and ovens.
Click the link below to buy from Amazon 👇
Advantages of using silicone molds
- They do not stain and are oven safe and microwave, and dishwasher safe.
- They are not very expensive.
- Light and flexible. You can collect many of them of interesting shapes and sizes. Smaller molds are especially good for parties when bite-sized desserts have to be served.
- Children love food of interesting shapes.
- You can peel them right off, just flip them and take them out.
- Easy to clean.
- Usually, there is no need to grease them before baking. They pop out easily.